2015 Triumph SPEED TRIPLE ABS
Stock Image: Phantom Black
Lighter, sharper, more powerful and even wilder looking than ever. The Speed Triple is the urban icon for attitude, aggressive looks and full-on sports bike performance.
It’s the perfect performance package with high quality suspension, strong brakes, light weight, agile handling and plenty of power where you need it for real world sports road riding.
- Bodywork: Stripped back bodywork, it looks muscular, hunched forward, mean and aggressive because that’s exactly what the Speed Triple is.
- Frame: A thoroughly modern twin-tube, twin spar frame wrapped tight around a bulging powerhouse of an engine. The Speed Triple’s unmistakable structure is pure unadulterated Triumph.
- Exhaust: The twin silencers beneath the short, stubby tail section of the Speed Triple leave the rear wheel fully exposed on the right by the cool, single-sided swingarm. Not for looks, for real world sports bike riding. It just happens to look great.
- Headlights: The trademark twin pentagon headlights ensure there’s no mistaking what’s coming.
- Performance: The power of the Speed Triple comes from a muscle-packed three-cylinder, 1050cc engine. Serious top end performance comes from a huge 135PS, backed up by 111Nm of peak torque with plenty more muscle lower down the rev range. Giving you instant thrust regardless of revs or gear. And, with our high tech fuel injection all the power comes smoothly and relentlessly, right when you ask for it.
- Configuration: The liquid-cooling, double overhead cams of the Speed Triple operate 12 valves and rev out beyond 10,000rpm. And, we’ve finely tuned the three-into-two exhaust like a musical instrument to enhance the engine's torque and make it snarl even more angrily as the revs build.
- Frame: The Speed Triple introduced an all-new frame in 2011 to give you more forward weight distribution for sharper handling and exceptional front end feel. And we’ve kept the geometry sharp, with a steep 22.8 degree steering angle, short 1435mm wheelbase and just 90.9mm of trail to give you breathtaking responsiveness and agility.
- Suspension: The upside down forks on the Speed Triple are high quality Showa units, 43mm in diameter with adjustable rebound and compression damping, while the centrally mounted, single rear shock also has adjustable spring preload. So you can set the Speed Triple up for a gentle outing or an on-the-edge track day and it'll perform brilliantly.
- Brakes: To match the Speed Triple’s level of handling and power we fitted Brembo's radial four-piston calipers, with the option of ABS, for outstanding stopping power and feel.
- Wheels and tires: We fitted lightweight cast aluminium wheels and a wide 6inch rim on the back to take the grippiest, sports-focused rubber the Speed Triple deserves.
- Single-sided swingarm: The swingarm is aluminium and features an eccentric chain adjuster so that the rear wheel stays perfectly in line with the front for focused, precise handling. swingarm is also incredibly stiff, resulting in a super-stiff chassis that's rigid enough for the hardest track use and tough enough for real world roads.
- Riding position: The Speed Triple is all about high performance precision and control. So the bars are low, the footrests high and set back and the seat is sculpted deep to hold you in a forward-leaning position. As you take control of the Speed Triple you are in no doubt that it’s made for sports riding, but you can tell we built it for the real world too.
- ABS: The four piston, radially mounted Brembo front calipers, with optional electronic ABS make 100 calculations per second to prevent wheel lock up at either end.
- Immobilizer: We’ve made sure your bike is protected by a coded key immobilizer system which disables the ignition if it detects an attempt to turn or force the ignition switch without the presence of the electronically coded correct key.
- Instruments/ computer: A serious bike needs a high level of equipment so the Speed Triple, with its modern, single purpose chassis, is driven by the latest technology. The instrumentation is part digital, part analogue so that you are presented with the most intuitive display of information. We also added programmable gear change lights, service interval reminder, lap timer, trip computer and fuel gauge, everything the focused performance rider needs.
- Fly Screen: Factory colour matched Fly screen diverts air from the rider to reduce wind blast and increase comfort. Aggressively styled in line with the motorcycle, the fly screen is manufactured from high impact ABS for durability.
- Formed Tank Bag: This substantial tank bag features pre-formed construction with expandable capacity from 20 to 30 litres. Features include water resistant zips, detachable map pocket, waterproof rain cover. Shoulder straps are included for converting the bag into a cool backpack for use off the bike.
- Low Seat: With a 20mm reduction in seat height, the low seat makes it easier to get your feet to the ground, helping you feel confident and in control. Features premium fabrics and stitch detailing.
- Seat Cowl: Factory colour match seat cowl offers a quick, easy change of look for solo riding.
- Our confidence provides you with a two-year unlimited mileage warranty on your new Triumph and Genuine Accessories. Alongside the knowledge that we give you a 12 month unlimited mileage warranty on replacement parts.
- The Speed Triple carries 6,000 mile (10,000km) service intervals.
- Type: Liquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- Capacity: 1050cc
- Bore: 79 mm
- Stroke: 71.4 mm
- System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with SAI
- Exhaust: Stainless Steel 3 into 1 into 2, twin high level stainless steel silencers.
- Final Drive: X ring chain
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
- Gearbox: 6-speed
- Oil Capacity: 1.0 gal.
- Frame: Aluminum beam twin-spar
- Swingarm: Single-sided, aluminum alloy with eccentric chain adjuster
- Front Wheels: Cast aluminum alloy multi-spoke 17 x 3.5in
- Rear Wheels: Cast aluminum alloy multi-spoke 17 x 6.0in
- Front Tire: 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire: 190/55 ZR 17
- Front Suspension: Showa 43 mm upside down forks with adjustable rebound and compression damping, 120 mm travel
- Rear Suspension: Showa Monoshock with adjustable preload, rebound and compression damping, 130 mm rear wheel travel
- Brakes Front: Twin 320 mm floating discs, Brembo 4-piston 4-pad radial calipers (ABS model available)
- Brakes Rear: Single 255 mm disc, Nissin single 2-piston sliding caliper (ABS model available)
- Instrument Display and Functions: LCD multi-functional instrument pack with digital speedometer, fuel gauge, trip computer, analogue tachometer, lap timer, programmable gear change lights, service interval announcement display, TPMS ready.
- Length: 2100 mm
- Width Handlebars: 795
- Height without Mirror: 1110 mm
- Seat Height: 825 mm
- Wheelbase: 1435 mm
- Rake: 22.8 deg.
- Trail: 90.9 mm
- Tank Capacity: 4.6 gal.
- Wet Weight: 214 kg
- Max Power EC: 135PS @ 9400
- Max Torque EC: 111NM @ 7750
- Urban: 34.0 US mpg
- 56 mph/90 kph: 50.0 US mpg
- Engine Type
- 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- Bore and Stroke
- 79 x 71.4 mm
- Fuel System
- Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with SAI
- Front Suspension
- Showa 43 mm upside down forks with adjustable rebound and compression damping, 120 mm travel
- Rear Suspension
- Showa Monoshock with adjustable preload, rebound and compression damping, 130 mm rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes
- Twin 320 mm floating discs, Brembo 4-piston 4-pad radial calipers (ABS model available)
- Rear Brakes
- Single 255 mm disc, Nissin single 2-piston sliding caliper (ABS model available)
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 190/55 ZR 17
- 1435 mm
- Seat Height
- 825 mm
- 22.8 deg.
- 90.9 mm
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.6 gal.
- Urban: 34 mpg; 56 mph/90 kph: 50 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 214 kg
- Final Drive
- X-Ring Chain
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Analog
- Crystal White, Diablo Red, Phantom Black
- 2 Year unlimited mileage